Apprentice Locksmith – 1st or 2nd Year
CLASS Locksmiths are looking to take on an apprentice locksmith. Also happy to hear from existing 2nd years.
We appreciate that all enquiries need to be kept confidential.
Above award wages.
Send your resume to email@example.com
The apprenticeship is 4 years in duration and consists of 3 years of TAFE attendance. The TAFE campus is located in Ultimo Sydney NSW. Apprentices attend as block release students (1 week at a time) approximately 8 times per year. Government allowances provide money to go towards the costs of accommodation and transport to and from Sydney.
The training will involve all aspects of locksmithing including:
- Automotive – Lockouts, fitting keys, repairs, electronic transponder systems
- Safes – Safe cracking, fitting keys, picking locks, electronic safe locks
- Workshop – Cutting keys, repairing locks, building key systems, counter sales
- On Road – Fitting locks, repairs, picking locks, installations
We are looking for the following qualities in our applicants:
- Well presented and tidy personal appearance
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn and listen
- No criminal record (Police checks are standard)
- Honest and trustworthy
- Willing to work weekends and after hours
- Work well within a team environment
- Familiar with working with tools and with their hands
- Well organised
- Good communication skills
- Hold a current drivers licence
- Minimum Year 12 Certificate – Good results in applicable subjects are an advantage
(Please include in your resume)
The first block release of TAFE is usually February to March.
For further information on becoming a Locksmith click the link below.