When do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you when you:
- Contact us using our email contact form
- Place an order with us for goods/services which:
- require follow up communication from us (special orders, repairs, etc to advise goods ready for pick up or installation)
- and/or require us to attend your designated site to provide goods/services
- and/or require authorisation to request the goods/service (e.g. restricted keys)
- Apply for a 30 day Business Trading Account
- Provide feedback to us regarding your experience in dealing with us
We do not require personal information when you:
- attend our front counter at 51 Kembla Street Fyshwick
- and purchase goods/services for immediate payment (cash sale)
- which do not require follow up communication
- do not require us to attend your designated site
- do not require authorisation
What information do we collect?
We collect your name, phone number, email address, and fax number so we can contact you regarding your enquiry or order.
We also collect your delivery address for payment details regarding any purchases and/or the appropriate site address for provision of on-site services. (On rare occasions for C.O.D. services – when you are unable to be on site to make payment we temporarily hold your credit card details and delete them once the job is done and payment has been processed).
For businesses wishing to establish a Trading Account – refer to our “Application for Trading Account” (available on the Downloads section of our website) for details which are collected in the establishment of a Trading Account Agreement.
We collect details of your experience in dealing with us when you provide feedback so that we can better understand your needs and values and to improve our customer service and your level of satisfaction.
What do we use your information for?
- To contact you regarding an enquiry, order, or complaint
- To deliver goods/services that you have purchased
- To establish a Trading Account for businesses
- To understand what you value (from your feedback) and to improve our service to you
How do we protect your information?
Information is maintained confidentially within our computer business and web systems via a number of stringent security measures which limit access to your information to our authorised personnel only.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
We require our trusted third parties who assist us in operating our web site, conducting our business, or servicing you to keep such information confidential.
We may also release information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Third party links
- We may at our discretion provide links from our web site to appropriate third party web sites, such as suppliers or manufacturers of products, or payment facilitators (Pay Pal etc).
- These third party sites are responsible for their own privacy policies, content, and activities.
- While we have no responsibility for their sites we seek to maintain the integrity of our web site and do welcome any feedback about these sites.
Routine Information Collection
All web servers track basics information about their visitors. This information includes but is not limited to, IP addresses, browser details, timestamps and referring pages. None of this information can personally identify specific visitors to this site. This information is tracked for routine administration and maintenance purposes.
Cookies and Web Beacons
- Where necessary cookies are used to store information about a visitor’s preferences and history in order to better serve the visitor.
- Note that you can change your browser settings to disable cookies if you have privacy concerns – consult your browser documentation for instructions.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Website Terms and Conditions available via the footer section on each website page – which establishes the use, disclaimers, and limitations governing the use of our website.
This policy was last revised on 25/05/2018.
Under the Freedom of Information Act 1982, you have the following rights:
- You have a right to request access to personal information that we hold about you
- You have a right to request personal information be corrected
For the above requests or any questions regarding this policy you may contact one of our Service Coordinators via any of the following:
- Telephone (02) 6280 6611
- Postal address: PO box 565 Fyshwick ACT 2609
- Email: email@example.com