Service Areas and Service Calls
CLASS Locksmiths mobile and emergency services operate within a 100km radius of Canberra (approx).
Fixed Price Service Call charges:
- Canberra City
- Canberra Suburbs
Service Calls based on number of kilometres travelled:
- Captains Flat
- Other (100 km radius Canberra)
When you request a CLASS locksmith to come to your home or premises or site (service call), the only person you usually see is the locksmith – although there is a whole team involved in making that service call happen.
The quality of the service depends on three things:
- The locksmith’s knowledge, skill, training and qualifications.
- The “team of people” behind the scenes such as telephone operators, service coordinators, locksmith specialists, training specialists, spare parts and stock control personnel, clerks and administrators.
- Our investment in workshops, equipment, vehicles, tools, key blanks, locks and replacement parts.
A few things to keep in mind when you have a query about the service costs:
- The CLASS locksmith has undertaken a four year apprenticeship and specialised locksmith training along with extensive experience to be able to diagnose and complete the job quickly to save you money.
- Regular training has been undertaken to keep up with new and changing technology and electronics.
- The time it takes to travel to your site.
- Wear and tear on the vehicle including replacement costs of parts and the ongoing maintenance to keep the vehicle on the road such as servicing, tyres, oil and fuel.
- Communication equipment to allow communication with you and “back to base”.
- State and Federal Government regulated licences, authorisations and compliance.
- The capital cost and replacement of specialised equipment and tools.
- Investment in specialised locksmith computer software and training.
- Investment in authorised dealerships of specialised locksmith technology and systems.
- Rent and running costs of CLASS Locksmiths premises/workshops including electricity, telephone, and local Government costs/expenses.
- Investment in inventory – key blanks, locks, replacement parts.
- Advertising and business expenses including legal and accountancy fees and bank charges.
- The management and administration of the business including office equipment costs and maintenance, stationery, office supplies, postage, wages of office staff.
- Insurance cover – including Public Liability, Business Continuity, Workers Compensation, Motor Vehicles, Professional Liability.