About CLASS Locksmiths – The CLASS Locksmiths Story
Once upon a time … way back in August 1986 … the company “Complete Lock and Security Services Pty Limited” was born … and so commenced the CLASS Locksmiths story. “C.L.A.S.S.” stands for Complete Lock and Security Services which is the company name. However these days we are better known under the trading names “CLASS Locksmiths” and “Complete Lock and Safe Services”. The entity is locally owned and operated and has been serving Canberra and surrounds since 1986. The company has no links to any parent or subsidiary companies.
Our fully qualified locksmiths, SCEC approved locksmiths, and Master Locksmiths provide guaranteed professional service. We specialise in Master Key Systems, including government SCEC Endorsed Restricted Systems such as Protec, Bilock, EVVA, and EKA. We also specialise in servicing, repairing, and unlocking Safes. And our latest specialisation is Access Control systems/solutions including SALTO Inspired Access.
The CLASS Locksmiths Story incudes the provision of specialised lock, key and safe services to:
- Australian Government departments and agencies
- ACT Government departments
- NSW local government councils
- Large private-sector corporations
- Embassies and High Commissions
- Schools and Hospitals
- Builders and developers
- Real Estate agencies
- Aged care facilities
- Not for profit organisations
- Commercial market
- Residential market
The people in the CLASS Locksmith Story
Our people are our major asset – professional management, experienced project managers, master locksmiths, and a large number of qualified government approved locksmiths. And the CLASS Locksmiths Story also includes growiing our own apprentice locksmiths to staff and maintain our ever expanding capability.
The company and its locksmiths undergo regular national police checks and are licensed under the Australian Government’s Security Industry Act 1997.
Our master security licences are:
- ACT Security Licence No 17501029
- NSW Security Licence No 407750989.
We have long-standing memberships of these professional organisations:
- Master Locksmiths Association (Business Member 4057)
- Canberra Business Chamber (Member Number 447)
Demonstrated Capability & Capacity – the success behind the CLASS Locksmiths Story
The CLASS Locksmiths Story has some thirty years experience providing locksmith services and key systems to federal, state, and local government departments and agencies, large corporations, and commercial and residential customers.
Our fleet of eight service vans and four commercial support vehicles enables us to service an ongoing mix of projects and jobs, large and small, urgent and non-urgent, highly complex or straightforward.
CLASS services an area approximately 100km radius of Canberra which includes the required service locations within the QPRC local government area. We also provide an emergency service 24 hours per day 365 days a year.
Experienced and highly qualified team
Our main assets are our people who are specialists in their own rights and backed by years of experience in the industry and at CLASS Locksmiths. We have a low turnover of staff which means our team is tightly knit and intimately familiar with our policies, processes, systems and procedures, and customer relations requirements.
Our team includes:
- Master Locksmiths
- Key Systems Specialists
- Security Consultants
- Expert Safe Specialists
- Access Control specialists
- Automotive Locksmiths
- SCEC approved locksmiths (Australian Government – Security Construction and Equipment Committee)
- Experts in project management, service delivery, and quality key systems
Specialised locksmith services
- Building Maintenance Services
- Supply, install, maintain, and repair: locking mechanisms, cylinders, keys, padlocks
- Cut keys, make to locks
- Reactive maintenance, expert advice
- Emergency services 24×7 – 365 days
- Master Key Systems and Access Control (mechanical and electronic)
- developing, implementing and supporting large complex systems
- in-built flexibility of design to cater for lifecycle changes and growth
- best practice key management systems and policies to safeguard the life, property, and security of people and assets.
- Security cabinets and safes
- Retrofitting new SCEC endorsed electronic locks
- Maintenance and servicing
- SCEC endorsed security products for government
- Service and maintain
- Electronic keyless systems and locks
- Automatic door closers for disabled access security
- Automotive locksmith services – state of the art technology
Commercial and Residential services Lockouts
- Keys cut/made to locks
- Locks changed/repaired
- Deadlocks/window locks
- Free surveys/quotes
Our Key Performance Indicators measure Customer Service, Quality Control, Project Delivery (time and budget), and WHSE incidents. This ensures that we are continually improving our processes and the quality of our products and services.
Areas where we bring considerable added value:
- analysis of requirements to identify suitable options
- the actual design of key and access control systems to ensure system integrity and flexibility for ease of maintenance and future expansion
- we use state-of-the-art computer systems (such as Pro Master 7) to manage the authorisation of key requests and the ongoing management of key systems to ensure 100% ongoing system integrity
- specialised security cabinets/safes opening processes and equipment – on site and in our purpose equipped workshop
Our policies on Research and Development, Formalised Staff Development Reviews and Plans, and Apprenticeships ensure we are continually enhancing our capability, staying abreast of technology, constantly upgrading our skills, and training the next generation of locksmiths.
Our project managers and staff have extensive experience with large multi-faceted projects.
Our Project Management Methodology ensures that the critical elements of scope, risk, design, development, and installation are successfully managed to achieve the aims and objectives of the project including a quality goal of zero defects.
Our commitment to continuous improvement extends to our people, our capability, and continuous learning. Through our annual development review process we review and monitor staff development and training. Because of a shortage of qualified locksmiths in Canberra we take on new apprentices each year to “grow our own” to secure future capability.
We invest in external and internal training to build our capacity in many areas including, importantly, communications. We have a strong listening culture as a result and are trained to ask the right questions, explain options and work to address customer needs.
Our Operational Management Plan metrics measure our performance and improve our ability to deliver high quality services and solutions on time, meeting our commitments, and in a safe and environmentally conscious manner.