Apprentice Locksmith Information
We are NOT currently looking to hire an apprentice locksmith!
If your are interested in becoming an apprentice locksmith in the future the following details may be of interest.
CLASS Locksmiths do take on an apprentice locksmith from time to time – and at such times we also happy to consider existing 1st or 2nd year locksmith apprentices.
We appreciate that all enquiries need to be kept confidential – especially if you are an existing 1st or 2nd year apprentice looking to change your employer.
Above award wages.
Email your resume and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The apprenticeship is 4 years in duration and consists of 3 years of TAFE attendance. The TAFE campus is located in Ultimo Sydney NSW. Apprentices attend as block release students (1 week at a time) approximately 8 times per year. Government allowances provide money to go towards the costs of accommodation and transport to and from Sydney.
The training will involve all aspects of locksmithing including:
- Automotive – Lockouts, fitting keys, repairs, electronic transponder systems
- Safes – Safe cracking, fitting keys, picking locks, electronic safe locks
- Workshop – Cutting keys, repairing locks, building key systems, counter sales
- On Road – Fitting locks, repairs, picking locks, installations
We are looking for the following qualities in our applicants:
- Well presented and tidy personal appearance
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn and listen
- No criminal record (Police checks are standard)
- Honest and trustworthy
- Willing to work weekends and after hours
- Work well within a team environment
- Familiar with working with tools and with their hands
- Well organised
- Good communication skills
- Hold a current drivers licence
- Minimum Year 12 Certificate – Good results in applicable subjects are an advantage
(Please include in your resume)
The first block release of TAFE is usually February to March.
For further information on becoming a Locksmith click the link below.