CLASS Locksmiths – Stock Controller Wanted Canberra
51 Kembla Street, Fyshwick ACT
A rare opportunity to join C.L.A.S.S. Locksmiths, Canberra’s leading Locksmith Business – full time permanent position – Stock Controller Wanted Canberra.
We carry a significant physical inventory of locks, keys, safes, and associated locksmith hardware and spare parts to service the needs of a large customer base across Canberra and surrounding regions. The inventory records are computerised and form part of our integrated business and accounting systems. We carry several thousand inventory/stock items. Most of the inventory is stored in our Stock Room but we also carry some stock in each of our 10 service vans.
If you have relevant inventory/stock management experience as detailed below and are interested in a full time permanent position we would like to hear from you:
- Placing purchase orders on suppliers to replenish inventory levels (via computer and supplier web sites)
- Liaise with Suppliers to expedite outstanding purchases
- Receive goods
- Print and attach bar code labels
- Enter associated purchase invoices into the computer system
- Store goods in designated locations
- within our stock room
- or with the related Special Order
- Maintain inventory management reorder parameters based on quarterly reviews of sales history
- Annual rolling stock take of inventory items (stock room and service vans)
- Run computerised stock alerts to replenish low stock levels – daily/weekly
- Maintain inventory item cost prices (as advised by Suppliers) in the computer system
- Maintain the organisation of the Stock Room (Bays and Racks labelled with bar codes)
Knowledge in the following is an advantage but training on the job will be provided as required – subject to the requirement of relevant experience:
MYOB Account Right, Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word), zapMYstock barcode labelling and stock take software
A knowledge of the Locksmith Industry and associated products/parts would also be an advantage but not essential as this will be acquired over time.
Personal qualities and attributes
We are looking for the following qualities in our applicants:
- Treat customers, suppliers, and fellow staff respectfully at all times
- Good communications skills with customers, suppliers, and fellow staff
- Ability to function as an integral member of our team
- Self-motivated and focused to service external and internal customers
- Self-managed to work largely unsupervised
- Diligent, tidy, organised, attention to detail
Interested Candidates should submit a resume/CV and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 565 Fyshwick ACT 2609
call 02 6280 6611 for more details
Benefits & Culture
Our staff are our main asset and are highly valued for their skills, knowledge, abilities – and for their individual personal attributes which contribute to the richness and diversity of our culture.
Our business is built on accountability, fairness, honesty, and respect – respect for each other, our customers, our suppliers, and our community.
About the company
Once upon a time … way back in August 1986 … the company “Complete Lock and Security Services Pty Limited” was born … and so commenced the CLASS Locksmiths story. “C.L.A.S.S.” stands for Complete Lock and Security Services which is the company name. However, these days we are better known under the trading names “CLASS Locksmiths” and “Complete Lock and Safe Services”. The entity is locally owned and operated and has been serving Canberra and surrounds since 1986. The company has no links to any parent or subsidiary companies.
Our fully qualified locksmiths, SCEC approved locksmiths, and Master Locksmiths provide guaranteed professional service. We specialise in Master Key Systems, including government SCEC Endorsed Restricted Systems such as Protec, Bilock, EVVA, and EKA. We also specialise in servicing, repairing, and unlocking Safes. And our latest specialisation is Access Control systems/solutions including SALTO Inspired Access.
The CLASS Locksmiths Story incudes the provision of specialised lock, key, and safe services to:
- Australian Government departments and agencies
- ACT Government departments
- NSW local government councils
- Large private-sector corporations
- Embassies and High Commissions
- Schools and Hospitals
- Builders and developers
- Real Estate agencies
- Aged care facilities
- Not for profit organisations
- Commercial market
- Residential market
The people in the CLASS Locksmith Story
Our people are our major asset – professional management, experienced project managers, master locksmiths, and a substantial number of qualified government approved locksmiths. And the CLASS Locksmiths Story also includes growing our own apprentice locksmiths to staff and maintain our ever expanding capability.
The company and its locksmiths undergo regular national police checks and are licensed under the Australian Government’s Security Industry Act 1997.