Locksmith Apprenticeships available
We currently have locksmith apprenticeships available in our Canberra based locksmith business – for new or existing apprentices!
No experience necessary – education requirement year12 certificate. However, if you are already undertaking a locksmith apprenticeship and looking to change employment we are interested in talking to you also.
We appreciate that all enquiries need to be kept confidential – especially if you are looking to change your employer.
Above award wages.
Email your resume and expression of interest to email@example.com
The apprenticeship is 4 years in duration and consists of 3 years of TAFE attendance. The TAFE campus is located in Ultimo Sydney NSW. Apprentices attend as block release students (1 week at a time) approximately 8 times per year. Government allowances provide money to go towards the costs of accommodation and transport to and from Sydney.
The training will involve all aspects of locksmithing including:
- Automotive – Lockouts, fitting keys, repairs, electronic transponder systems
- Safes – Safe cracking, fitting keys, picking locks, electronic safe locks
- Workshop – Cutting keys, repairing locks, building key systems, counter sales
- On Road – Fitting locks, repairs, picking locks, installations
We are looking for the following qualities in our applicants:
- Well presented and tidy personal appearance
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn and listen
- No criminal record (Police checks are standard)
- Honest and trustworthy
- Willing to work weekends and after hours if required
- Work well within a team environment (willing to help others – and accept help and advice from others)
- Familiar with tools and working with your hands
- Good organisational skills – able to plan effectively – able to self manage
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Hold a current drivers licence
- Minimum Year 12 Certificate – Good results in applicable subjects are an advantage (please include in your resume)
The first block release of TAFE is usually February to March.
For further information on becoming a Locksmith click the link below.
For more about CLASS Locksmiths, click the link below: