CLASS Locksmiths holiday checklist
CLASS Locksmiths holiday checklist is designed to help you prepare your home before you disappear for a well earned vacation. And that time of the year is fast approaching again … when many of us are looking forward to the holiday season … and will be away from home for a few weeks visiting family and friends or just enjoying the beach. The last thing you want is to return home from your break only to find your house has been burgled.
These are practical ideas and steps you can take to better secure your home while you are away:
- Lock all the doors and windows>>
- Keep all your tools and any outdoor equipment in the garage or shed.
- Secure any sheds or gates with padlocks>>
- Arrange for a neighbour to collect your mail, newspapers, or any other items delivered
- If you are away for an extended period arrange for someone to trim the lawn, water your plants, etc
- Do not draw all the curtains
- Use a timer to switch on some internal lights at night and perhaps the TV or radio
- Let your neighbours know you are going to be away
You can also take advantage of our free security check. This is a no obligation free service which will identify if there are any security problems and recommend appropriate solutions if required.